Executing some standard jobs when the season ends can aid you to make sure that your air conditioning prepares to work smoothly when you require it again in 3-4 months. If you have less time or think you are unable to do the things yourself, then you should call an air colling service for your help.
If you will shut off your air conditioning unit for the season, take into consideration taking a weekend break day to carry out the complying with steps:
- Turn off your air conditioning system: Find the power button of the air conditioning system, which might be mounted near the condensing unit. Raise the protective safety cover as well as flip the button from “on” to “off,” then close the cover. Switching off the power of your air conditioning unit safeguards you from an accident as you get your unit ready for the winter. You also prevent the AC from accidentally turning on throughout abnormally warm weather conditions.
- Clear out the system: Activate your air conditioner fan, as well as let it run on its own for as much as an hour. This assists to clean out the system.
- Perform maintenance checks: This is likewise an exceptional time to capture up on air conditioning system upkeep. Walk your air conditioning unit’s outside as well as note casing concerns like rust, cracks, leakage, or other troubles. Look for cracked, loosened, or shabby seals. If you see any issues that warrant additional attention, contact highly trained technicians.
- Tidy your AC device: During the summertime, your air conditioner is exposed to dead pests, dust, bird droppings, and particles. On a windless day, make use of a hose pipe to rinse off the grime from the unit’s exterior, as well as permit it to dry entirely.
- Safeguard your AC unit from the aspects: Use a cover to protect your condenser device from the elements. A lot of residence improvement shops market waterproof air conditioning covers. Secure it from the wind with bungee cables yet leave it loosened enough to prevent wetness buildup. You can also utilize a sheet of plywood. Suffice with a 12-inch overhang on all sides as well as lay a hefty brick or stone on the top to avoid it from moving.