Wall-to-wall carpet is a great way to add warmth and texture to a room. It can also serve as an accent in certain areas, such as the entryway or living room. Here are some creative layouts for wall-to-wall carpeting that you might want to try out:
- A classic checkerboard pattern: Start by running a row of narrow stripes along one wall, with the long axis horizontal. Then repeat the process on the other side, going vertical. This creates a checkerboard effect that looks great with neutral-colored walls and flooring.
- A zigzag pattern: Another popular design is a zigzag pattern, in which alternating rows of color are laid down. This creates an eye-catching look that is perfect for spaces with high attention spans, such as the foyer or living room.
- A chevron pattern: Chevrons are another popular choice for wall-to-wall carpeting. They are made up of alternating long and short stripes, creating visual interest and adding texture to the space.
- A spiral pattern: A spiral pattern is another creative design that uses multiple colors and patterns to create a decorative focal point in the room. It works well as an accent in certain areas, such as a children’s bedroom or family room with lots of natural light coming through the windows.
What Colors Work Best With Wall-to-Wall Carpets?
Wall-to-Wall carpets work well in a room when paired with other neutral or warm tones. The carpet’s natural texture and coloration will help ground the room’s overall look, and the other colors will help to tone down any bolder elements that may be present, such as bright whites or deep reds. Some of the best color combinations include neutral tones of gray, brown, or taupe with wall-to-wall carpeting in a reddish shade of orange or green. Other great options are white walls and terra-cotta flooring with a wall-to-wall carpet in a medium shade of blue. A wall-to-wall carpet in an earthy green or blue can work well as a backdrop for natural wood furnishings and accessories.
Ideas for Matching Rugs and Wall-to-Wall Carpets
Finding the right rug for your wall-to-wall is an essential part of creating a cohesive interior design. You need to consider not just the color and texture, but also the size and shape of the rug. Here are some ideas to help you choose a rug that complements your wall-to-wall:
- Size is important. Go for a rug that’s big enough to cover the entire floor area and make the room feel more spacious, without being overwhelming.
- Balance is key. Choose a rug with a similar texture and color to match the current interior design scheme in your home.
- Shape is also important. Choose a rug with a geometric or round shape to add visual interest to your space, as opposed to a traditional rectangular or square rug.
- Patterns are always in style! Don’t be afraid to go bold with your choice of pattern; it’s all about experimenting and seeing what works best for you and your home!