amfAR, the foundation for AIDS research, hosted an intimate dinner and auction for its supporters last night at The Peninsula Paris. amfAR VP of Development, Eric Muscatell, opened the evening by welcoming guests and thanking event sponsors Perrier-Jouët and The Peninsula Paris for making the night possible, and also gave a special thanks to amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, Carine Roitfeld and Caroline Scheufele of Chopard for their continued support of amfAR. Five-time Grammy Award-winning artist CeeLo Green performed for guests.
In addition to musical performances, the evening featured a live auction conducted by Simon de Pury. Auction items included:
· Playgirl, Naomi Campbell, Los Angeles, 1991 Analog black and white print on baryte paper 150 cm. x 100 cm. / 59 in. x 39.37 in. Edition 1 of 3 Framed Signed by the artist Ellen von Unwerth
· A Chopard pendant necklace in 18-karat rose gold, set with 2.48 carats of diamonds featuring 5 dancing diamonds.
· Andy Warhol -Unknown Woman, 1977 Silkscreen on paper 127 cm. x 101.6 cm. / 50 in. x 40 in
· Venice Film Festival VIP package
· Emmanuelle Rybojad- White Rose Neon, mirror, and plexiglass 120 cm. x 120 cm. x 18.5 cm. / 47.2 in. x 47.2 in. x 7.2 in. Edition of 8
· Norman Parkinson- Jerry Hall and Antonio Lopez, 1975 Silver Gelatin Print 50.8 cm. x 60.9 cm. / 20 in. x 24 in. Edition of 21 Estate stamped and numbered
· Robert Rauschenberg- Dallas Cares, 1998 Lithograph in color on wove paper, numbered 96.5 cm. x 85.8 cm. / 38 in. x 33.75 in. Edition of 500 Signed by the artist.
Perrier-Jouët and The Peninsula Paris were the event’s Signature Sponsors. Guests enjoyed Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Champagne and Absolut Elyx libations.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested nearly $550 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.
Photos: Ryan Emberley